One of the few good things about having diabetes is the peer support network we have. Over the past 2 years T1D London Meetups have grown from strength to strength. The Facebook group is now sitting at a very healthy 400 members. This group is so valuable to so many of the members. It is no longer just a platform for arranging our social get together’s, it has developed into a real community. It is this support we all offer each other that makes me think we can put together a great team to take part in the ➡ Vitality Move event this Summer. Come join us, Jess Ennis-Hill and Trevor Nelson for what promises to be an unforgettable day.
There Is No I In Team
10K may seem a little daunting if you are new to exercise and running. Don’t let this put you off, we will enter the 10K event as a team. The support we all offer each other everyday on the Facebook group is great, now lets all support each other in our first ever charity run as Team T1D London Meetups. I can’t think of a better group to do my first ever 10K run with.
Being safe in the knowledge that if anything goes wrong you are with a group of people who will know what to do, certainly appeals to me! The more we can get running this 10K the better. It really helps to get the message out there that our diabetes is not a barrier to anything in life.
How To Enter The Vitality Move Event
Entry is open now for us to register for the event. All the stuff you need to know is listed out below
- The event is on Sunday 17th September at Windsor Great Park.
- Team T1d London Meetups will be taking part in the 2pm afternoon 10K run, make sure you register for the correct run.
- Follow this ➡ link to go to the registration page. As a member of Team T1D London Meetups you get a 10% discount – use the code BRIAN10 at checkout.
- During the registration process it will ask you if you want to support Diabetes UK. They are the official charity for the event, select ”yes”
- Once you have registered check your emails. Follow the links in the emails from the event organisers to complete your registration.
- If you do not already have a JustGiving account you will need to set one up. You can do this as part of the registration process.
- Remember to add your JustGiving page to the ➡ T1d London Meetups Team, this way it shows how much you have raised and gives us a running team total.
That’s it you are in the team. We are looking forward to a great fun-filled day. This event looks like being great fun and a really good cause to focus our efforts on. In the process we will all get active and move more, can’t be a bad thing right!
Take care, I will see you there